About Me

My photo
What is there to say? I am a 24 year old student pursuing a degree in nutrition/dietetics. I happen to be a caring person. I care about people, animals, and the environment. I enjoy learning. I love to learn from others. I enjoy reading and watching documentaries about health, psychology, philosophy, religion, politics, and nature. Welcome to this little veg*n's world = )

Monday, June 02, 2008

Sweet Dreams are Made of These...

This week, I have enjoyed two flavors of Rice Dream: Mint Carob Chip and Vanilla Swiss Almond (see http://www.tastethedream.com/products/rd_frozen.php)
While I much prefer Soy products to Rice, Almond, or any others- I am trying to diversify my diet and not rely on soy products. If I can get past the strange, lingering, acidic-like taste it leaves- it may become my favorite sweet treat.
The only other treats on my list are: Oreos (according to PETA's accidentally vegan link, some Nabisco Oreos are vegan! see http://www.peta.org/accidentallyVegan/), and the cake(s) from Cafe Sunflower in the Atlanta, GA area (see http://www.cafesunflower.com/).
My next attempt will be to make my own cake(s) because they will probably be a LOT cheaper. Anyone got some great, EASY & CHEAP recipes for CAKES (anything chocolate preferred and if you know what Texas Cake is- please send a recipe my way!)?
So here is my question to you so I can blog further:
Question 1: Do you think soy is potentially dangerous?
Question 2: What are you favorite sweet treats?
Question 3: What are some easy, cheap, cake recipes that you enjoy?

No comments: